I know I’m neurotic. I’m Jewish and an only child, it’s like I had no other choice. I’ve been out of work for 5 weeks now, my time is my own, some days are too short for all the things I want to do, other days seem to just drag on and on. Happiness eludes me in either state.
Job hunting is actually going quite okay. I’m gaining a bit more traction in the market than I expected. However, the wheels are turning slowly and sometimes I get impatient waiting for a resolution and other times I think it will be quite okay if I can enjoy my “holiday” for another couple of months. Though it looks as if I might have picked up a short term consulting gig that will help tide me over financially until something vaguely permanent comes along. I’ve got two appointments on HK island tomorrow and they’re 4 hours apart – do I just spend the afternoon relaxing in some bar with air con (and hopefully wifi) or go home and take a nap and go back out again? Decisions, decisions.
If you’re not in Hong Kong, then let me tell you that this has been the worst summer weather-wise that I can recall. (A friend said to me, “you’ve been here for 15 years, you’re still not acclimated to the weather?” Nope, I’m not.) It’s 6 PM and Weather Underground is telling me that with the heat index it feels like 36.6 degrees in Sai Kung. So my outdoor activities are severely curtailed.
I did do a guest post for another blog, a US photo blog called Photohead Online and you can read Capturing the Hong Kong Skyline Part 1 here; I guess Part 2 will show up in a day or two. It’s about the equipment and all of the steps I take when shooting from Fei Ngo Shan. Lots of photos to go along with the post, naturally.
I’ve also killed time upgrading my computer. My C: drive is a solid state drive, the one I had was 128 gig and constantly full (think I mentioned this before) so I upgraded to 240 gig since prices have dropped lately. The other day I also upgraded the RAM from 6 gig to 12, which is making a huge difference. Next task (or ordeal) will be when I get my new MacBook Pro with retina display. The web site is telling me “delivers 21/07 to 27/07″ – the 21st is 3 days away (duh) and it still says that it’s preparing my order, which means I have the option to cancel, which I think makes it pretty certain that I won’t be receiving it this Saturday. Maybe Monday?
In the meantime, here’s a picture of a dead dragonfly on my balcony. Maybe the heat killed him.